Greyhound Café Singapore

Greyhound Café Singapore

Address: Paragon #01-25/25A Singapore 238859 Tel: +65 6235 4078  

Website: www.greyhound.com.sg


Finally, the widely raved about "Greyhound Café" decided to step foot in Singapore at one of the prestigious malls in town, Paragon Orchard. Nicely situated inside Level 1 of Paragon Orchard, it is an open concept cafe with modern and chic design. When my friends and I knew that Greyhound Café was going to be here, we placed it into our "bucket list" of restaurants we must cover in Singapore. I was very excited about their food as I heard so much about this place from a friend of mine who tried Greyhound Café, Kuala Lumpur. Alright, enough of my excitement! Let's take a look at their food. 




Table setting

Greyhound Famous Fried Chicken Wings ($14++)
This is one of their well known dishes in Greyhound. 
As you can see from the picture, the wings are broken in their individual bones so it's quite thin and easy to eat. 
It's crispy on the outside and make a good snack/side dish but I felt that it lack a bit of the needed juiciness in the chicken wings. 
Also, what you see in the picture is what you get, so don't expect too much (quantity wise) from this dish.
Honestly, I was a tad disappointed after seeing the portion of this dish. 



Seafood Tom Yam Soup ($18++)
Next, we decided to try their Seafood Tom Yam Soup. 
They have a version with noodles which is slightly more expensive but since we decided on two other main dishes, we ordered the soup only version. 

The ingredients were fresh and the soup was not too spicy. 
For those who can only take minimal spiciness, you can give this a try. 
My friend who couldn't really take spicy food enjoyed this dish. (:


Creamy Seafood Pasta ($24++)
If you like cream based pasta and seafood, this is the dish for you.
The seafood were very fresh and I find the cream sauce of this dish very nicely done.


Basil Pork Rice ($18++)
Last but not least, the main course I chose.

I feel that the simple dishes are the ones that tell/show if the restaurant/place is worth going.
The basil pork is quite fragrant but I felt that it was not spicy enough to my liking.
It could do with a bit more of the sauce to complement with the white rice.
The soup on the side gives a good balance to the strong flavoured basil pork rice.
Overall, it was a good dish but I am not sure if the price was justifiable.

To be fair, I went in with very high expectations.
I appreciate the fact that the staffs allowed us in during their soft launch.
And since it was a soft launch period, the staffs/chefs might still be fine tuning the dishes/services.
Personally, I felt that the downside of this cafe is the pricing of the dishes.
But well, so far everything that comes to Singapore becomes relatively more expensive right?

We also tried their signature Ice Lemon Tea made with "lemon ice" and it cost about $8.50++
I felt that this drink was a bit too sour to my liking.

They have some interesting creation of drinks that is similar to a cocktail concept but non-alcoholic. We tried one of them and it taste quite good but they range from $12++ per glass.

One last thing to note, they do not serve free ice water.

Verdict:
For the ambience, environment, it's a good place to hang out and have a meal.
However, the prices would really restrict one from ordering freely.

Advice: 
Choose your dishes wisely if you are heading there.

Peace out.





Comments

Popular Posts