My Thoughts on SQ Flights

My Thoughts on SQ Flights


Flights, trains and ships are a necessary evil. 

We need them to travel quickly to places and yet the journey itself is rarely a enjoyable one. I dislike traveling because i have fear of heights, fear of flying, fear of drowning and fear of anything that might kill me.

Still, i love to see the world and each time i get on a plane, i say a prayer and wish for a smooth journey there.

My preferred carrier for flights is Singapore Airlines.

I'd say that out of all my flights overseas, at least 90% is with Singapore Airlines or a Star Alliance member.

My dad works for the company and has been bringing me for flights since i was a child with Singapore Airlines.

I suppose i'm spoilt by the attention to detail and the flight experience with Singapore Airlines since i was a kid. 

I enjoy the food, the entertainment systems available on the plane and the service provided by the stewards and stewardesses from Singapore Airlines and that was simply for the economy class experience. 

The economy class experience is a simple one. I enjoy:
- check in online 48 hours in advance to choose or change my seats
- 30kg of check in luggage and additional 7kg Cabin luggage
- a hot towel upon being seated
- Krisshop to buy duty free items in the air
- Kris Entertainment system with a wide selection of music and movies
- Meals, snacks and free flow drinks

And that is what i have come to expect from the experience in my 30 years of taking SQ flights which was why i was vaguely amused when i was on the flight from San Francisco to Singapore, where a fellow Korean passenger was utterly impressed with the fact that there was entertainment and food on flight. Little things like metal cutlery similarly impressed many other passengers who sat next to me over the years. 

It goes to show, not all flights provide the same level of detail and service as Singapore Airlines.

Recently, i saved enough Krisflyer miles to get an experience with their business class seats and i have to say, it was a wonderful experience. For the business class experience, you get additional perks:

- 40kg check in luggage and additional 14kg Cabin luggage
- access to business class check in
- priority boarding
- access to the business class lounge before the flight 
- a bigger seat with considerably more space
- bigger screens and better audio headsets
- a 3 course meal which can be booked beforehand
- an increased selection of wine and champagne

 In short, it is more comfortable and luxurious. Very enjoyable. Would love to do videos and take more photos of all future flight experiences in future to share. Should have one in 2017 from our planned flight to either New Zealand again or to Iceland. 

Till next post.
 

Popular Posts